Dear website visitor,
Last update on 01.09.2020
1. Personal Data processed and Purposes of processing
1.1 Providing services through the Site
1.1.1. Site navigation data
The computer systems and software applications used for the operation of the Site generally obtain some Personal Data (so-called “log files”), the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified persons, but, due to their nature, may allow, by processing and integration with certain data stored by third parties, the identification of users.
This information includes the IP addresses, access times, operating system, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, cookie information, referring website addresses, pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and Internet Service Provider.
We use this data only to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site, to verify its proper functioning, to make reports / analyzes, to make information for our own purposes, to publish, promote, and offer the services we offer, to operate the Site and deliver the services.
The legal basis for the processing of browsing data consists in our legitimate interest in improving our Site and managing server capacity and maintaining our Site without errors, as well as to enable us to comply with legal obligations regarding the security of our systems.
1.1.2 Use and delivering of Site services
In order to ensure that the services offered on the Site are relevant to your needs, to deliver the services you need in the most accurate way possible and to respond to your request, we will use the data transmitted by you through the contact form, respectively name, surname, email address, phone number, text, documents, content of message or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Site .
You may revoke the prior agreement at any time and free of charge by contacting us in this regard (please see point 9 for contact details).
The legal basis for the processing of this Personal Data for this purpose is your consent.
2. Processing duration
2.1 Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law, we will only hold your personal data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure.
2.2 As a general rule, the duration of the processing of your personal data is:
- the navigation data on the Site will be kept for a period of up to 1 year;
- personal data collected through the contact form, will be retained for a period of up to 1 year;
- personal data collected in order to provide our services will be kept in accordance with legal requirements.
2.3 In certain circumstances, we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for example if we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
2.4 In certain circumstances, we may retain personal data for longer periods of time so that we have accurate records of your relationship with us in the event of any complaints or if we reasonably believe that there is a prospect of litigation related to the processing of personal data or transactions.
3. Access and Disclosure of Personal Data. Transfer of Personal Data outside of EEA
3.1 Personal data is stored on our servers located in the European Union and on the servers of the contractual partners who help us to provide our services.
3.2 We may transfer Personal Data, to the extent necessary, to the following categories of recipients: contractual partners, companies offering archiving services, companies offering IT services, software or hardware product suppliers, market research companies, marketing companies, public authorities, courts or arbitral tribunals, as well as authorities competent to investigate the commission of criminal acts.
3.3 Our main priority is for these recipients to be located in the European Union and / or in the European Economic Area. However, if the recipients are located outside the European Union and the European Economic Area, including in countries that are not recognized as providing an adequate level of protection, the transfer of Personal Data is carried out only if there are adequate safeguards, in accordance with applicable law. In this regard, we inform you that a number of guarantees apply, such as the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission, or the Pipeda certificate (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) which protects the fundamental rights of all citizens of the European Union whose personal data are transferred to Canada for commercial purposes. In the event that your personal data is transferred to recipients in third countries, you may receive from us a list of those recipients in third countries, as well as a copy of the agreed provisions that ensure an adequate level of your personal data protection. By way of example, a transfer of your personal data may happen if one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EEA. Please contact us for any request in this regard (please see point 9 for contact details).
3.4 We will only disclose personal data to third parties:
3.4.1 When we use vendors, lawyers and service providers to assist us in meeting business or operating needs, such as providing legal services, hosting our Site, communicating with users, delivering and improving our services, e-mail communication, invoicing and payments, customer support services and analytics. These service providers may only access, process or store personal data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; or
3.4.2 When we have your explicit consent to share your personal data; or
3.4.3 When we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AM LAW and users of the Site, or to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities.
3.5 To ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share or transfer your personal data with. This ensures your data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with data protection applicable laws.
4. Security of Personal Data
4.1 AM LAW is committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal data that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal data, please let us know immediately (please see point 9 for contact details). The Site is designed to secure the personal data you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal data is transmitted to our Site, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, despite our best efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee at any time the security of all data which is transmitted to the Site or to another website via the internet or similar connection.
5. Links to third party websites
6. Your rights regarding the processing of Personal Data
6.1 Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your personal data. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, you enjoy the following rights:
• Right to information: you have the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data.
• Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data processed by us.
• Right of rectification and right of deletion: at any time, you have the right to rectify or delete your personal data, provided that the applicable legal requirements are complied with. In the event of errors, after notification, we will immediately correct your personal data. Personal data will be deleted when the legal requirements are met.
• Restriction of processing: if the applicable legal provisions are met, you can request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
• Right to data portability: To the extent that personal data are processed on the basis of your consent or for the performance of the contract and processing is done by automatic means, you have the right to be provided with your personal data in a structured, currently used format that can be automatically read and you have the right to transmit this data to another operator. This right does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
• Right to object: In certain situations, such as when we process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. In case of unjustified opposition, we may be entitled to further process the personal data.
• Right to object to the receipt of commercial messages: You may also object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending commercial messages.
• Revocation of Consent: To the extent that we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may revoke your consent at any time, without affecting the consent-based personal data processing prior to the revocation of consent. In case you want to exercise this right, please send us an email with your request (please see point 9 below for contact details).
• Right not to be subject to individual decisions: If the applicable legal provisions are complied with, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which has legal effects on you or affects you similar to a significant extent.
• Right to go to court and to the supervisory authority: You have the right to file a complaint regarding any violation of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
6.2 To learn more about how you can exercise the rights mentioned above, please contact us (please see point 9 for contact details). We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise.
7. Under-age Site users
7.1 We do not intend to solicit or collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not enter information on this Site or engage our services. If you believe a child or yours under the age of 18 has entered personal data, please contact us to have the data removed (please see point 9 for contact details).
8. Complaint resolution
II. COOKIES POLICY
Last update on 01.09.2020
For a detailed cookies description and for changing or withdrawing your given consent, please see our Cookie Declaration.
1. What are cookies?
2. Types of cookies
2.1 First party cookies are cookies set by the website you’re visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
2.2 Most of these cookies used by us will be deleted from your hard drive immediately after your browsing session (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain stored on the hard drive of the user’s device and allow us to recognize the device in the event of a subsequent visit to our Site (so-called persistent cookies). These are the cookies that allow us to make the Site more friendly, efficient and secure for the user.
3. The lifetime of cookies
3.1 The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. As mentioned above, some cookies are used exclusively for a single session (session cookies) and are deleted once the user leaves the site, while other cookies (persistent cookies) are kept and reused each time when the user returns to that site. However, the cookies can be deleted at any time by adjusting the settings of your browser (please see point 5 below).
4. Third parties cookies
4.1 In general, cookies can be installed by the operator of the site that the user accesses (so-called own cookies) or by other websites (so-called cookie modules installed by third parties).
5. Restricting and deleting cookies
5.1 If you wish, you can restrict or delete cookies using your browser settings. However, we remind you that if cookie settings are restricted on your device, you will no longer be able to use all features of our Site. For example, disabling certain cookies would no longer allow us to display certain types of content.
5.3 You can also learn more about changing settings by visiting the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
6. Cookies categories used on the Site
6.1 According to the law, we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. The cookies we use or we may use in the future on our Site are classified as following:
• Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The Site cannot function properly without these cookies. *Please note that this type of cookies need to always be active in order for the Site to run, and are not subject to dismissal via the “Reject all” button of the cookies banner.
• Preferences cookies. These are cookies that enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
• Statistics cookies. These are cookies that help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. In this regard, please note that we may use a third-party analytics service, like Google Analytics.
• Marketing cookies. These cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
• Session cookies. These cookies allow the user to connect to the Site without entering their account data.
• Social cookies. These cookies allow us to provide you with the best experience possible when visiting the Site.
6.2 Cookies used on the Site
Necessary cookies. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.
Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain
Statistics. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.
Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
6.3 Revoking your consent. Please note that you can at any time change or withdraw your consent, without affecting the consent-based data processed prior to the revocation of consent. In case you want to exercise this right, please send us an email with your request (please see point 7 below for contact details), or see our Cookie Declaration and scroll down to the Change consent. The easiest alternative for revoking your consent is to simply delete all our website cookies from your browser.
7.1 AM LAW welcomes your comments regarding this Cookies Policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy or its implementation, please contact us at: office [@] amlaw [.] pro
Thank you for your time!